Sounds of Resistance
2 out of 3 corporations pay no federal taxes. Some of the biggest tax evaders include Exxon, Verizon, Bank of America, Boeing, CitiGroup, among others. These corporate executives sit there with their “patriotic” flags on their lapels, while they scheme how to avoid paying their fair share of taxes, cut deals to ship American jobs overseas, and setup tax havens in the Caribbean. Is it any wonder that the rest of the country is mired in this economic misery while they prosper?
We don’t have a budget crisis in Washington. We have a MORAL CRISIS. When Congress can seriously debate forcing veterans into homelessness, cutting early childhood education, Pell grants for our students, heating assistance for the elderly, and cutting food aid to pregnant women and children, while giving tax breaks to billionaires and large corporations, something is very, very wrong.
If these corporations paid their share, we would not need to be cutting these programs. So on Friday April 15, 2011 hundreds of people met at Union Square Park in New York to protest this fact. This event was called the Sounds of Resistance and the target was Bank of America. While this bank received $billions in taxpayer funds, it made $billions in profits, it was busy foreclosing on millions of homeowners, all while working very hard to create over a hundred foreign tax havens to avoid paying taxes on their profits.
This video by EndTheIllusion highlights this event.
- Break Out of the Illusion
- Highwaymen Motorcycle Club – Highwaymen MC
- What Is In Your Food?
- You Know A Politician or Talking Head is Clueless When…
- Prosperity for Main Street, not Wall Street
- Monsanto Death Genes
- Money Is Not Safe In The Big Banks
- How Many Warnings Do You Need?
- Socialism and Capitalism
- Climate Rally – Washington D.C. – Feb 17, 2013
- The Trillion Dollar Coin: What You Really Need to Know
- A Thief Lurks in the Shadows: Stealth of the Trans Pacific Partnership
- If you Like NAFTA, You’ll Love TPP
- A Better Way To Finance Public Projects
- New World Order Blueprint Leaked
- The Disease is our Monetary System
- The Money Masters Live in Fear
- Protecting the interests of the money changers, then and now!
- Occupy Evictions: Did the Money Masters Win?
- Mutterings from the Newt
- Move your bank
- Is the US becoming a Police State?
- A Tale of 3 Cities
- A Night with Occupy Wall Street
- “More”, is never enough!
- New Jersey Betrayal
- What Organizers and YOU Can Do For Effective Change
- New Jersey throws pensioners under the bus
- The Corporate States of America
- Private Corporate Court System
- Citizens Close Tax Evader Bank
- Sounds of Resistance
- Successful parasites do not kill their hosts
- Are you WILLINGLY paying a 3% tax?
- Are we solving the ROOT CAUSE of our economic problems?
- Are your actions really consistent with your religious beliefs and your love of country?
- Symptoms of a Police State?
- Redirected anger
- Wrong Question!
- Student Debt Burden Solution Part 3
Rome crumbles while the nation numbs its mind with NFL gladiator games, propaganda and opinion masquerading as news, celebrity worship, and corporate drivel such as: reality shows, Dancing with the Stars, and American Idol.