Are your actions really consistent with your religious beliefs and your love of country?
Are your actions really consistent with your religious beliefs? Are your actions really consistent with your love of country?
While I attended the Bradley Manning protest in Quantico, Virginia, the crowd was chanting “free Bradley Manning. However there was a woman who was yelling “kill Bradley Manning”. I approached her and asked her why she was saying that. She said that he was a traitor. I then asked her if she was Christian. She responded that she was. So I asked her how she could reconcile the fact that she claimed to be Christian, and yet could stand in a crowd and yell for someone to be killed. She responded by saying that I was probably pro-choice, but I was not about to let her redirect the conversation from what she had said to another one about what my beliefs might be. She became flustered when I asked her again how she could reconcile her actions with her professed beliefs. I then told her that if she had been present when Pontius Pilate presented Christ to the crowd and the mob was yelling at Christ to “crucify him”, based on what I had observed she would have been right in there with them. She just walked away.
Later I saw a man in the crowd who also was yelling “kill Bradley Manning”. So I asked him why he should be killed. He responded that Bradley Manning was traitor and should be shot. I then said that I thought this man I was talking to loved his country and he responded that he did. My next question was what it was that he loved about this country and he did not have fast answer. After thinking about it for a short while, he said that we are free country. So I asked him if he loved our constitution and he responded that he did. Then I asked him HOW he knew that Bradley Manning was traitor. He paused again, but finally said he read it in the paper. I then asked him if he knew WHO had originally accused Bradley Manning, and he said that he did not. So I then asked him if someone accused him of being a child molester, did that make him one? He responded that it did not because he had not been tried yet. Then he paused again and I believe that he saw where this was going. I looked at him and asked if he had been accused of being a child molester, would there be a mob calling for his execution. He looked at me and simply walked away. This man professes his love of our constitution, yet would deny a person the most basic right in our constitution that says you are innocent until proven guilty.
So on this day I met two people who professed their love of their religion and their love of country and yet their actions were totally inconsistent with beliefs that they claimed to have. Did I really reach these people or did they simply walk away to crawl back into their own minds without pondering what has just transpired?
- Prosperity for Main Street, not Wall Street
- Monsanto Death Genes
- Money Is Not Safe In The Big Banks
- How Many Warnings Do You Need?
- Socialism and Capitalism
- Climate Rally – Washington D.C. – Feb 17, 2013
- The Trillion Dollar Coin: What You Really Need to Know
- A Thief Lurks in the Shadows: Stealth of the Trans Pacific Partnership
- If you Like NAFTA, You’ll Love TPP
- A Better Way To Finance Public Projects
- New World Order Blueprint Leaked
- The Disease is our Monetary System
- The Money Masters Live in Fear
- Protecting the interests of the money changers, then and now!
- Occupy Evictions: Did the Money Masters Win?
- Mutterings from the Newt
- Move your bank
- Is the US becoming a Police State?
- A Tale of 3 Cities
- A Night with Occupy Wall Street
- “More”, is never enough!
- New Jersey Betrayal
- What Organizers and YOU Can Do For Effective Change
- New Jersey throws pensioners under the bus
- The Corporate States of America
- Private Corporate Court System
- Citizens Close Tax Evader Bank
- Sounds of Resistance
- Successful parasites do not kill their hosts
- Are you WILLINGLY paying a 3% tax?
- Are we solving the ROOT CAUSE of our economic problems?
- Are your actions really consistent with your religious beliefs and your love of country?
- Symptoms of a Police State?
- Redirected anger
- Wrong Question!
- Student Debt Burden Solution Part 3
- Student Debt Burden Solution Part 2
- Student Debt Burden Solution Part 1
Rome crumbles while the nation numbs its mind with gladiator games (football, etc), propaganda and opinion masquerading as news, celebrity worship, and corporate drivel such as: reality shows, Dancing with the Stars, and American Idol.